Thursday, May 22, 2008

My Little Ladybug


Yesterday marked Olivia's last day of her very first Mother's Day Out program. She came home laden with laminated hand prints, craft items, her emergency change of clothes, and a great binder commemorating her time with the 1st Baptist Ladybug class of 2007-2008.

When Johnathan and I picked her up at noon, the other mothers were milling around, gathering their child's items and a few were quietly crying. I am not really one of those kinds of women who cry. To be quite honest, Johnathan will shed a tear over sentimental things more quickly than I. For a gun toting, Harley riding man that is quite an escape from what one might expect, but he's really quite tender hearted. Sorry, Hon. I had to "Out" you.

We left the school building and I began to flip through the laminated book. Each page outlined a letter of the alphabet and many had a photo of Olivia doing different activities at school. Again, very cute but not anything to cry over....until that fateful page containing the letter "l." L stands for "Letters from your teachers." [Now, both Mrs. Amie and Mrs. Shiloh are very near and dear to Olivia's heart. I was always afraid she would not want to leave with me at the end of the day and they would think I was this horrible mom. Luckily, that never happened. (Thank you,Baby!) Anyway, upon reading the sweet little notes they wrote to Olivia I did have some tears well up. Had I not been in public, I probably would have sobbed uncontrollably.

Just seeing the difference between how she looked when she got into the class this January and how she looks now amazes me. She is turning from a little toddler into a little lady. Well I am using the term lady with caution. She has entered a very annoying nose picking phase. : ) Johnathan and I heard this song on KLTY the other day and it really illustrates just how quickly they grow up and how precious each minute is in their life. All I know is that I will no longer stifle my tears. Life is good and precious and should be shared......let them stare~

No comments:

Hicks Family

Hicks Family
Mutual respect and admiration are the results of godly character and sacrificial love in marriage.